The Ortho-Tain® Postioner™ Perfects & Maintains Corrections
Ortho-Tain® Preformed Positioners™ provide retention and corrections in orthodontic cases. They are used for finishing orthodontic cases or after orthodontic treatment. The Ortho-Tain® Positioner™ maintains overbite and overjet correction at the same time, while maintaining tooth alignment and perfect Class I Intercuspation.
The Ortho-Tain® Positioner™ can shorten active treatment by 2 and 6 months, while correcting up to 3 mm of overjet, molar relations, coordinate the arches and intercuspate the teeth. Save time with the Ortho-Tain® Positioner™ because it requires no lab work, impressions or adjustments. Only one measurement is needed to fit your patient for an Ortho-Tain® Positioner™.
Other benefits include:
- Designed for both non-extraction (“N” Series) and extraction (“X” and “U” Series) cases.
- Built-in Cooperation Detector® allows you to ensure compliance with recommended wear time, by visibly seeing a change
- in the color of the appliance.
- Increased gingival ridges to improve torque retention.
- Available with breathing holes as well as varying degrees of softness.
- Immediate retention – inserts into the mouth instantly.
- Made of durable and resilient material – resists permanent deformation.
- Saves one hour of work per case- no impressions, no lab work, no adjustments.
- Thirty-three graduated sizes fit 95% of extraction and non-extraction cases.
- Transparent- can see pressure areas and check fit easily.
- Interproximals absent between upper incisors to adjust for varying sizes of lateral and central incisors and enhance space closure.
- Interproximals eliminated to extraction sites to enhance closure.
- If patient suffers from a bruxism, these appliances prevent further wear of the teeth.
The Ortho-Tain® Positioner™ is ideal for finishing up orthodontic cases, especially when the patient is anxious to get bands or brackets removed. Suggested wear of the Ortho-Tain® Positioner™ is 4 hours per day and night for the first month, 3 hours per day and night for second month, 2 hours per day and night for third month, and 1 hour per day and night for fourth month.
After the fourth month only nighttime wear is required to maintain correction. If patient has experienced relapse due to non-use the Ortho-Tain® Positioner™ can be worn 2-4 hours a day to bring the case back to a perfect Class I occlusion in minimum time.